OK! I guess I finally found a use for all of my big SAE wrenches! Following the suggestion to use them as spacers and slowly pull the shaft through until it came all the way out. Nice. It took a long while to do it. but in the end, all of the internal parts have been saved and the old heavy swingarm will be scrapped.
The frame has made it to the powder coater on schedule. This is the first time I've used this guy, he offered me a beer as soon as I walked up. I think I'll be going there again! I hope his wok is as good as his customer service. He said it'll be done in the next 5 days.
Now it's time to dig into the engine a bit more and start cleaning and polishing stuff for assembly to start in the next couple of weeks. Though I may need to take a holiday break and begn again after the new year commences.