Sunday, March 28, 2010


OOOOFFF! Man, I got some of the stuff back from Powdercoat today. It was mostly acceptable with the exception of the front brake drum. The backing plate was fine but the drum its self was pretty noticeably damaged by the multiple sand blasting sessions that were necessary to repeatedly re-do the finish. On the upside, he says he's willing to replace the item. Um, well I imported that from Japan- and It cost some serious money. I found an older version on ebay and I hope he'll go for that. It'll hopefully be a cheap way for him to replace the part and for me to have a sweet bike in the end.

Friday, March 26, 2010


I'm fuckin' over the deadbeat shop owners that won't ship items to you after you order them. I ordered 250 bucks worth of parts from a Lambretta shop in California 2 WEEKS AGO! That jagoff told me that he "needs to finish a bike and then hell send my parts." Well, asshole, I have a bike to finish too!

The same shit is going on with my powder coat guy. I dropped off the stuff for my New SR500 build 9 weeks ago and he "had a problem with the spray booth" and still isn't done. I'm guessing that in this economy no one is spending money so they've forgotten how to do their jobs.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Preliminary assembly

Loosely assembled to see the progress and assess the fit of the bodywork. The silver is powder coated and the white is enamel. I'll be fitting the speedo, cables and electrics this weekend. Hopefully riding it by Sunday!

Horn cast...

And that's why I needed a new horncast!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010


After a difficult search I've found a horncast! I guess, it wasn't that difficult, but with this interweb thing we all use, searching has become so easy that anything longer than a day is exhausting! It took me a month and the help of the guys at Lambretta Works to find the horn casting. It needs to be shipped from Europe, but will likely be on the bike in a few weeks.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Feverish Pace

Working on the Lambretta with the determination of an ant colony. I've barely stopped to take pics. So far:
Scoot was stripped and body was divided into paint and powder coat piles.
Both piles sent to sandblasting
Paint pile was sanded, restored, primed and painted.
Powder coat pile was...well, powder coated.
All parts are are finished with the exception of the side panels that needed a touch of extra TLC. They will be painted tomorrow.
New badges and body embellishments have arrived. I'm waiting on the new rear seat and cover as well as the sew cables and speedo.
Final assembly should be complete by the end of this month.

The only road block I've hit was that when I tried to get the clutch arm off to send out for plating, I dis-engaged it from the splines inside the engine. So an oily afternoon is on the horizon to repair my stupid mistake. :-(