Thursday, March 11, 2010

Feverish Pace




Working on the Lambretta with the determination of an ant colony. I've barely stopped to take pics. So far:
Scoot was stripped and body was divided into paint and powder coat piles.
Both piles sent to sandblasting
Paint pile was sanded, restored, primed and painted.
Powder coat pile was...well, powder coated.
All parts are are finished with the exception of the side panels that needed a touch of extra TLC. They will be painted tomorrow.
New badges and body embellishments have arrived. I'm waiting on the new rear seat and cover as well as the sew cables and speedo.
Final assembly should be complete by the end of this month.

The only road block I've hit was that when I tried to get the clutch arm off to send out for plating, I dis-engaged it from the splines inside the engine. So an oily afternoon is on the horizon to repair my stupid mistake. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment